|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Company has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of Company.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Company is embarking on an exciting transformation journey to enhance our digital capabilities. We are establishing a new executive position for a dynamic leader and seasoned engineer to advance our DevOps culture, drive visibility into business service operations and deliver the most reliable and resilient systems in the industry. As VP of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), within Global Technology Operation Services, you will lead a global SRE operations and engineering team responsible for maintaining high availability across critical platforms and ensuring scalability to meet market demands. In this role, you will be responsible for using a business-first, customer experience driven strategy to develop the Vision, Roadmap, and Key Performance Metrics for this new SRE team. We want you to be passionate about growing the very best talent, delivering innovation and teaming within an agile environment. Additionally, you will partner with the businesses and other technology partners to modernize IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
- Champion and drive cross-organizational development efforts for optimization and automation in application monitoring and resiliency capabilities.
- Build a team that can lead and influence the organization in understanding, valuing and leveraging modern reliability engineering practices.
- Drive thought leadership and build coalitions across Development, Product, Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations that advance accountability for high availability across critical platforms and scalability to meet market demands.
- Cultivate an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing engineering and delivery processes.
- Drive accountability for quality aspects in release pipelines, including system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost-effectiveness
- Implement standards and tools to manage service problems and ensure software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production.
- Spread DevOps culture of teamwork and standard methodologies to maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Act as forward-thinking leader and remain up-to-date on modern technology leading trends.
- Adhere to compliance targets and ensure timely closure of audits
- Work with key partners to deliver technical solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology direction.
- Attract, retain and grow top talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members.
- 10+ years of overall technology industry experience and technical delivery for large-scale organizations or start-ups
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (i.e. DevOps, CD/CI, Agile, etc.)
- Extensive experience as a leader within a Technology organization and/or in a product development company with experience that compliments the software product portfolio (i.e. Digital Payments, Mobile, Big Data, etc.)
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a high-reaching market
- Deep understanding of the Product / Technology Platform’s underlying tech stack and its core components
- Strong systems integration architecture skills and a high degree of technical expertise, ranging across a number of technologies with a consistent track record of turning new technologies into business solutions
- Experience leading in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment running ITIL processes and Agile application development methodologies
- High energy and enthusiasm for learning and problem solving complex systems with a DevOps mind set
- Strong communication, presentation and customer interaction skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred