|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
We build digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone. Brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We're committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Site Reliability Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer
SRE/Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services.
We're looking for a driven and organized SRE/Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. As an SRE/Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, then support other infrastructure engineers using them in production
- Build libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
- Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
- We will be accepting applicants for this role until end of business 10/30/19
- All work must be performed within the United States.
- 3+ years of experience coding or operating production systems
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, or deployments of a web-based application with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or Packer
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, or CloudWatch
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or
call me at 480-530-2033 or email me at j.donato[Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.