|Date Posted||July 6, 2019|
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Columbus Ohio
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Columbus, Ohio
Start Date - ASAP
About the job:
The Cloud Delivery Team is building next generation infrastructure using public cloud technology. The position will focus on Application Automation & Integration Development associated with CI/CD DevOps pipeline efforts.
The SRE will support and maintain applications in the production and test environments, executing processes to transition applications from the test environment to the production environment.
This role fulfills standard and non-standard application service requests, supporting application development and testing, disaster recovery testing, as well as IT Service Management processes.
- Develops and supports operational environment standards focused on reducing the amount of custom/manual flow management solutions introduced into the environment.
- Develops standard, repeatable production runs, creating all appropriate job control language, scheduling scripts, and standard documentation.
- Works with Application teams to implement DevOps philosophy.
- Supports data-driven decisions within and across BSAs by delivering data around SLA adherence, runtime performance, capacity and environment configurations.
- Analyzes operational data and makes continuous improvement recommendations.
- Installs complex software upgrades and configures changes, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
- Build and maintain tools for cloud compute, storage, networking, identity, and automation.
- Experience with GIT, CodeCommit, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Java, Docker, Kubernetes
- Scripting Experience (Bash, Powershell, Python, YAML)
- Experience in Designing, building, and implementing internal and public cloud platforms.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent listening, presentation, and documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with collaboration and team building experience
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline
To be considered for this role, please send your resume to Austin Knapp at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call me at 347 783 6640 (ext 6640).
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.