|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
Direct Hire opportunity available in Houston, TX for a Site Reliability Engineer to support users in DELFI cloud solutions and services!
To apply complete the application or send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- The Site Relability Engineer is responsible for reliability and uptime appropriate to users needs of DELFI cloud solutions and services.
- Will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Will engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and infrastructure; implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems within a geoscience workflow.
- Collaborates with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives.
- Effectively uses the service management systems, ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are made available to wider technical community engaged in incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
Minimum Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in IT related discipline
- Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
- 10+ years seniority preferred
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Fosters and maintains excellent internal, client and third-party relationships
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies; keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems with attention to the root cause
Compensation & Benefits:
- $102,000 to $125,000 per year (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and more
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
Note: This opportunity is not managed by your local branch. Please contact your remote Recruiter, Samantha at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for any inquiries.
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.