|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
Site Reliability Engineer
The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a "take-charge" / "can-do" attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. Successful candidates must be self-sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision. The role is based in RTP, NC but includes working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. If you are a tech-savvy individual who enjoys the challenges of solving difficult technical problems in a fast-paced, energetic environment, then this is the role for you.
The primary focus of this role will be to build and manage automated processes to maintain a robust, reliable development and systems infrastructure. Additionally, the role will be involved in systems engineering and development.
* Create a bridge between development and operations, applying your software engineering experience to system administration topics
* Build self-service tools for environment provisioning, error alerting and recovery, and software delivery pipelines
* Document solutions clearly and thoroughly and use that to train others on the team, including production support personnel
Skills & Qualifications:
* Highly skilled in Python, Java, or GO
* Strong experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery concepts
* Detailed experience with CI/CD - Gitlab, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.
* Detailed experience developing RESTful APIs
* Expert at using and developing in docker containers
* Experience with a container orchestration framework Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
* Interest in and/or experience with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering)
* Experience in Agile process management
* Ability to learn quickly on the job when introduced to new technologies
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.