|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for a Site Reliability Engineer, with a main location of Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
We are seeking engineers who want to build and develop solutions to operations problems. We focus on continuously optimizing existing systems, building automation into our infrastructure, applications, deployment, release and operations. Our engineers are responsible for the End to End experience of our customers and how our systems perform, using industry leading tools and approaches. Our teams improve IT Product quality by focusing on preventative and proactive measures, eliminating and automating product reliability issues, and collaborating with our product lines to deliver high quality, highly reliably commercial applications.
The ideal candidate is collaborator, innovator with demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being enthusiastic, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. The candidate is not a policy-maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery, automation, innovation, and relentless pursuit of high performance products.
As a part of the Application Reliability team, you will be at the forefront of technologies interacting with the full breadth of Commercial Platforms and Technologies: AWS, Hadoop, Azure, Teradata technologies, Python, Flume, Spark, Hive, Informatica, Talend, Sqoop, R, Tableau, Qlik, Python. You will be working with passionate, driven, excited individuals who believe that providing world class products is critical to providing the best health care products in the world.
- Work directly with customers/developers/architects/product owners to help automate customer issues and drive solutions to build stronger more reliable Commercial Application solutions.
- Engage in and improve our Commercial End to End IT Products— design, deployment, operation and continuous improvement.
- Keep revenue and reputation-critical systems up and running by measuring and monitoring availability, performance and overall system health.
- Pre-production validation before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and Production Readiness reviews.
- Create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it up and running and improve through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Interact with global technologists around the world building global and regional services and relationships with some of the most talented, passionate, caring individuals in the world.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical work experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Computer Science or relevant field is required.
- Experience managing Cloud based infrastructure is required.
- Experience working with in one or multiple technologies (AWS, Hadoop, Azure, Teradata technologies, Python, Flume, Spark, Hive, Informatica, Talend, Sqoop, R, Tableau, Qlik, Python) is required.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design is required.
- Must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Ability to build, foster, and manage partner and customer relationships as a technical service manager is required.
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are required.
- Must have the ability to recommend and encourage appropriate design and architectural decisions.
- Must be able to mentor high-performance teams, have disciplined attention to performance metrics, procedural guidance and continuous process improvement.
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Agile software development concepts is required.
- Proven experience to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks is required.
- This position is located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)