|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
Our client is looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to their team. This is an exciting opportunity with a great company in the Sacramento Area. Please apply if you meet the qualifications listed below.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is expected to help engineer and build large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems and would have the responsibility of ensuring services behave reliability as well as engineering solutions that scale worldwide.
SREs would be responsible for the big picture of how all systems relate to one another, focusing on optimizing existing systems for higher availability, as well as building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. Expected to troubleshoot complex problems and to help discover failure points in the system.
● Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed
● Experience with database management tools for backups, recovery, snapshot
● Experience with database performance
● Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills
and a sense of ownership and drive.
● Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
● Relevant work experience in web application security.
● Relevant work experience with Kubernetes or other container based
● BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems
engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
● Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Shell Scripting
● Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL
● Experience with database administration techniques.
● Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g.,
filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network
topologies and hardware, SDN).
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.