|Date Posted||August 20, 2019|
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
As a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
West’s Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer.
The Reliability Engineer position is part of a newly formed team intended to drive simplicity, reliability, and quality at every layer of the solutions we develop. While quality is a paramount, we are also tasked with enabling delivery at high velocity without sacrificing resiliency. The Engineer should be comfortable across the whole technology stack; with an understanding that spans the physical layer up through the application layer. A strong understanding of when to apply existing design patterns, or to create new ones is a fundamental requirement of this role.
This position will interact with, influence and help drive change across many different teams - the individual hired will need to understand how to effectively convey information to wide-ranging audiences. Skills in public cloud management, and the ability to influence application owners to utilize modern design principles when consuming cloud resources are also key to success.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with existing and new Intrado and vendor teams to help develop and drive solutions, standards, or problems solving activities with a clarity and precision.
- Work with diverse teams to help document and describe end-to-end solutions, while ensuring those solutions are easily understood.
- Provide written and verbal communications such as status reports, progress reports and documentation for various audiences.
- Lead team activities and projects to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Lead and participate in business meetings to identify objectives and develop a system that will meet the company's current and future needs.
- Ability to scope, write, or debug automation scripting or other software code.
- Work autonomously in a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into system platforms
- Serve as an escalation point for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Other duties as assigned