|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit. Come be a part of the team that’s transforming broadcast video.
The Sinclair Digital Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for applying software engineering and systems engineering principles to our large-scale distributed systems. We believe that optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation is the key to unlocking organizational efficiency. The SRE team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer who is a motivated critical thinker, has composure under pressure, and who enjoys learning something new every day. You will work on making gradual engineering improvements to our systems and handle tactical incidents if they arise. The right person for this role has empathy and a passion for solving customer pain, strong software development skills, and thrive in a high pace agile team environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensure all critical services are measured and monitored
- Evolve current systems promoting reliability and disaster recovery through automation
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all our engineers
- Drive incident response and a blameless postmortem analysis
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in a collaborative team environment
- You have shown success in diagnosing and resolving incidents in production systems
- A strong working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- Good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including application security, monitoring, and storage systems
- Dedicated to learning new things in the world of software engineering, DevOps, CI/CD, best-practices in testing, and agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and a positive, compassionate attitude toward peers and customers
- Challenges the status quo by recommending / pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Degree in Computer Science or other physical science
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Understanding of cloud-based architectures and concepts. Knowledge and hands-on experience of/in AWS and GCP (including serverless technologies, APIs, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience working in collaborative environment such as Bitbucket or Git
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!