|Date Posted||August 3, 2019|
Contract to Hire
Site Reliability Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work for our client in Plano, TX. This role is a sub section of DevOps, but not a DevOps role. Looking for someone with Google Cloud. May look at someone with AWS, but really would prefer Google Cloud (GCP) Needs to have experience with Terraform, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Public Cloud. Previous programming experience in Go, Python. Software Engineering background with operational mindset. Will be resolving outages and building infrastructure automation. They already have a mature Cloud Environment in place. Its Multi-regional, multiple clusters, and CI/CD pipeline in place. They need to automate some infrastructure builds.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to join our team and manage the production, staging, and development cloud infrastructure and build pipelines. The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of experience in the field with a strong focus and background on cloud infrastructure in Google Cloud with hands-on operational experience. Candidates with strong equivalent experience in AWS or Azure will also be considered.
You will be responsible for the daily management of multiple Google Kubernetes Engine clusters and other Google Cloud products and resources in our production, staging, and development environments. You will be expected to contribute to the future vision of our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline and work with the development and operations teams to create monitoring metrics, alerts, and dashboards.
Experience with Google Cloud Infrastructure & Products:
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Cloud Datastore
- Google Cloud Layer 7 Load Balancers
Monitoring & Log Management:
- Manage Logs in Google Cloud Stack Driver
- Configuring and managing logs, dashboards, and alerts in Splunk
- New Relic, App Dynamics, Prometheus for metrics
- Managing build script with an emphasis on Docker based infrastructure
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins, or other build platforms
- Docker image creation & usage for builds and final build products
- Expert level background with managing and operating Unix based OSes
- Strong level of abilities to script with shell, python, etc… as well as configure various infrastructure products and systems
- Proficient technical systems experience with advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and issue management capabilities in a multi-platform environment
- Experienced in performance optimization.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.