|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Kforce has a client in search of a Site Reliability Engineer in Weston, Florida (FL).
The client is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design, and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that our client's services - both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems - have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At our client, SREs come from both development and operations backgrounds with a common passion for running products at scale in production. Our SREs are always seeking to understand how our systems work end-to-end without boundaries.
Our team is responsible for:
- Performance, Stability, and Reliability considerations
- Capacity planning
- Working closely with the product development teams to build and design features
- Debugging issues in production
- Building out CI/CD pipelines
- Building out logging, monitoring, and alerting infrastructure
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services including: system design, build, deployment, and support
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: system architecture, deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in communications across all areas of the organization