|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
Our direct client in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design, and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that the company's services -- both their internally critical and their externally-visible systems -- have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services including: system design, build, deployment, and support
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: system architecture, deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in communications across all areas of the organization
- Experience with highly resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, C#
- Experience with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems internals and administration (filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies)
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, powershell, or Batch)
- Experience with development pipelines (Team City, Jenkins, Concourse)
- Ability to lead and work in projects
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to work evenings/nights on occasion (Participate in on-call rotation)
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis.Ã‚Â Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visitingÃ‚Â www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)