|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2019|
Our client is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to build and run their large-scale distributed systems. As an SRE on the Data & Storage team, you will design, build and monitor their applications and infrastructure that handle billions of monthly page views and petabytes of data as they continue to grow and scale.
We're looking for someone to help to work on some visibility and reliability. This includes working with our core-services team and serving systems team, instrumenting stats, logging and tracing, building time series dashboard, adding guard rails and tests in CI/CD system and performing migrations. It is expected to have some operation tasks but we do expect this role to build more automation and reduce toil.
- Proficient in a scripting language, Python preferred. Systems languages (Go, C) are a plus
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/BSD internals and shell scripting. Production experience with JVM, Python, and Golang runtimes are a plus
- Deep knowledge of a configuration management tool (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine). Experience with containers is a plus
- Experience operating in a modern cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure or large scale data centers is a plus
- Familiarity with distributed systems including service discovery, pub/sub, search indexing, storage, and caching. We use Zookeeper, HDFS, Hbase, and Memcache are helpful. Concepts from related systems such as Cassandra and Redis could be helpful.
Location: San Francisco, CA
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.