|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally. As an organization that is going through a major transformation phase, we are looking cloud engineers who will be actively implementing Cloud solutions and migration of legacy environments to cloud environments. This engineer is expected to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a cloud environment. Whether it is IaaS, PaaS or FaaS, you will be developing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures, including service-to-service communications, service discovery, and fault tolerance. Along with technical skills, this developer is expected to be excellent communicator, participate in team building and prioritization skills, and expected to have ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer(SRE) to join our team in Alpharetta, GA. The team designs, builds and maintains systems at Equifax for both on premise and public cloud.
You love open source software. You love the cloud. You can code your way out of any situation. You love to automate things. You’re like a Swiss Army knife of technology. You like to learn new skills and teach. You have a good sense of humor and get along well with others. While you’re easygoing, you’re serious about your work and take ownership.
We’re a tightknit group of like minded individuals with a wide variety of technical backgrounds and experience ranging from software engineering to enterprise architecture. We believe everything should be automated and everything can be done with code.
What you will do:
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainable through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortem
- Learn about and help maintain our automation tool
- Develop automation for both public cloud and on-premises resources
- Deliver repeatable, reliable systems using tools like Terraform and Chef
- Participate in engineering and architecture
- On-call pager duty
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with ambitious market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and social growth potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.