|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
Must be able to be on our direct payroll, and must be able to interview in person in Dallas, TX for the second round of the interview process.
Job number: 25993-1 for 18 mos. We have multiple openings
This Analyst role will serve as a resource on the ETO (Enterprise Technical Operations) team focused on supporting production environments for all applications at our client site. Additionally, while not focused on supporting operations, this role will on trend analysis steering toward proactive issue resolution and more effective support partner resource utilization. This role serves as one of the primary caretakers of stability and performance for the production applications that support the business operations at client. These roles will serve as backups for other existing ETO analysts and will ‘float’ between current application areas within a particular ETO Portfolio.
Specific Duties Include:
• Verify KBs and workarounds are accurate. Create KBs as necessary
o Monitor expiring KBs in your respective areas and reach out to owners to extend or retire as necessary
• Prioritize work for technical team based on customer impact
o Customer impact for each area still needs to be defined in our space.
• Lead Transition efforts between Dev and ETO
o Liaison between ETO and our customers – YOU are the face of their support needs
• Ensure Service Management processes are followed
o This is not just for your incidents, RITMs and CRs, but for *any* records in ServiceNow that you see are improperly filled out or submitted
• Problem Management & Identification
o This includes cleaning up and grooming our PRB backlog that will become our SRE work
• Story generation for SRE
o Creation of the Jira stories that will be the SRE backlog
• Support SOX and PCI controls
o Actively monitoring your respective queues and dashboard within ServiceNow to ensure tickets are assigned and worked according to our standard processes and procedures. Examples would be ensuring that tickets are not be spinning in a WIP status, stale incidents are handled, incidents that should be cancelled are not resolved instead, etc.
• Point of communication and coordination for issues
o Analysts should be attending all meetings for their respective support areas. I would expect ETO analyst representation in the following types of meetings:
General operations meetings which include the overall health of the application
Development or general release management meetings to understand the changes in the application that will require changes to support
Smaller audience meetings with your product owners and/or directors to stay up to date on concerns across teams
• Metric trend evaluation and report generation
o This requires pulling reports in your area specific to trend analysis. You should be keeping track of incident generation, closure counts, trending issues, problem records, KB creation and usage, and the trends of these month over month, as well as an overall delta from when we started our new operating model.
• Identify trends in our incidents and collaborate with technical team to identify root cause and schedule the fix
o Analysts need to work closely with product owners, project managers, business analysts and others within their respective areas of support to ensure that problem tickets are being prioritized by the dev teams. If problems are stale, then analysts should provide risk analysis of what impacts the stale problem are causing – manual labor equivalent to hours worked (so we can tie cost to it), data capacity issues, etc.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Analyst or equivalent position required.
• Experience working on an Application/Production support team preferred
• Experience using Confluence, Jira, and/or Git, preferred.
• Lean Six Sigma experience desired.
• Advanced knowledge of technical environments.
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies.
• Excellent partnering, and strong communication and negotiation skills in working with various Teams and/or external partners.
• Able to analyze large, complex, or vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
• Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
• Able to research, create, and document requirements, processes, and technical specifications.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and widely varied work streams / tasks.
• Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
• Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
• Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.