|Date Posted||May 11, 2019|
**Unfortunately, this company cannot support candidate sponsorship. W-2/Greencard/US Citizen ONLY**
These roles will be purely operations roles but the engineers need to have an understanding of software application development. They will be as close to true SRE roles as possible but will also resemble a level two support role. The managers are looking for a rock star operator that they can train up on the development side. This person could have started in development and moved more into operations or vice versa. Most likely this person would have worked in a "mom and pop shop" where they would be forced to be responsible for everything. Regardless, candidates must have enterprise level experience working with lots of diverse applications. This person must have a "tinker" mentality and want to solve unique challenges.
The Lead Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for end-to-end technical support of complex applications. The ideal candidate would be a world-class technologist with a strong desire to dive deep into complex technical challenges and resolve them. This role will split their time between 24x7 operational support and proactive availability threat hunting. Keeping the business up and running is the singular objective of this role. It requires someone who lives for the hunt of finding what went wrong, and fixing it fast. Must be willing and able to own the issue and drive it, with focus, towards resolution.
* Keen understanding and technical intuition for all potential Support and Operational problems that could happen in a matured enterprise environment
* Experience within programming, specifically PHP
* Candidate must have strong technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts with management, architects, developers and systems & applications engineering teams.
* Expertise in Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure - IaaS, PaaS) and internal hosting infrastructure (server, storage, networking, etc.).
* Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols.
* Experience with eventing queue management technologies such as Rabbit MQ and Websphere MQ.
* Knowledge of Splunk with ability to mine large datasets for critical triage data.
* UNIX/LINUX server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures (Windows a plus, but not required)
* Web (Apache), .Net & Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
* Knowledge of networking and load balancers concepts.
* Strong ability and desire to troubleshoot and solve complex technology issues in the shortest amount of time possible while demonstrating complete ownership of restoration efforts.
* Able to follow be a sleuth on the trail of technical clues that ultimately leads to the root cause of an incident.
* Able to assess new application development to identify issues that may result in operational challenges after launch.
* Ability to apply strong knowledge of core technologies to various applications built on those technologies.
* Able to liaison with various development teams to drive stability and availability improvements as a result of deep technical analysis of their systems.
* Will be part of a team with 2 groups. While 1 half of the team is focused on the operational support, including oncall support, the other half of the team will be focused on threat hunting. This will provide the team with a balance between operational support for major incidents and deep technical work that is not defined by incident restoration.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.