|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2019|
Title: NOC Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Location: San Francisco, CA
Must Have Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience with Linux administration, support, basic troubleshooting.
- AWS exposure - entry level understanding (classes, training, certs, home lab, etc.)
- Basic Scripting - handle first line Linux tickets, alerts, escalations in a NOC setting (monitoring screens)
Site Reliability Engineer/ NOC
Are you an accomplished NOC Engineer or Junior SA looking to help build process and procedure from the ground up? If you possess the technical prowess required to join a best in class SRE team, please read on.
Our SRE/NOC team works in a LAMP stack environment and are responsible for supporting our external customers; accountable for 24x7 monitoring of systems and networks, troubleshooting incidents resulting from monitoring, and flawlessly escalating such incidents to ensure system reliability.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Perform root cause analysis and deliver detailed documentation on significant incidents
- Lead event correlation activities from monitoring systems and other change notifications
- Coordinate system maintenance and changes, while minimizing customer impact and maximizing the productivity of company resources
- Prioritize incident response and escalate to senior resources when necessary.
- Facilitate communication with disparate organizations during significant incidents.
- Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting
- Assist with the implementation and development of SRE tools and applications
- Manage and support SRE tools and applications
- Provide on-call support to internal customers
- Mentor more junior SRE team members
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Linux support/ troubleshooting/ administration experience
- Entry level exposure to AWS
- Proven technical expertise in Linux operating systems at mid Sysadmin level
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills oriented around trouble resolution and root cause analysis
- A superior grasp of network and server troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and escalation processes
- Proven technical expertise of networking technologies
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary and provide 7x24 support as required
- Ability to support multiple concurrent projects and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified and geographically distributed team
- Experience with network and server diagnostic, monitoring tools
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.