|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
At Company, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Company protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Company have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Company was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Company. Come join us!
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have successfully led a large, follow-the-sun SRE or operations team for a SaaS/online product
- You have seen and understood the challenges in a global, distributed, always-on application that is continually evolving
- You have strong mentoring, recruiting and leadership ability at the director level or above (i.e. someone who has managed managers)
- You are a creative problem-solver: while experience counts a lot, it’s the ability to solve new and interesting problems in a dynamic environment that will ultimately be most important.
- You are a leader that can shape the structure and processes that will make the team successful and happy. We want people to be able to grow within the team.
- You want to own end-to-end availability and performance to prevent problem recurrence
- You want to implement a world-class continuous improvement process that includes root-cause analysis, solution identification and implementation, and ongoing emphasis on auto-remediation
This role will report to the CTO and your peers will be the Head of Engineering and the Head of Research. This role is based in San Francisco but the team is spread across four global offices: San Francisco, Austin, London and Singapore.