|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
Who We Are
Company is the marketing data engine for customer interactions. We help businesses grow by providing tools that help them deeply understand their customers, identify future prospects, and highly personalize every single marketing and sales interaction.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer and leader to join as our Head of Infrastructure. The Company Infrastructure and Operations team is responsible for empowering our product development teams to deliver quickly, consistently, securely, and at-scale across dozens of different services that power our expanding product offerings.
You’ll be architecting and managing our Kubernetes and Kafka clusters, multiple large database systems, and broad usage of AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB and Aurora. You’ll create and maintain the tooling that our engineers use every day to deploy, manage, and monitor their code using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Jaeger (among others). Finally, you’ll grow and lead our fledging SRE team which is responsible for helping our development teams maintain a high-level of performance and availability for our most critical services.
As we're small, this role will start out fairly hands on (approx. 50/50) and quickly transition to leadership as you grow your team. You’ll report directly to the Head of Engineering and set your own roadmap for growing and improving our infrastructure and operations teams with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security.
- Grow and lead our Infrastructure and Operations (SRE) teams
- Run and improve our growing AWS/Kubernetes/istio stack
- Improve developer workflows and experience through CI/CD pipeline and custom tooling
- Help development teams solve scaling issues and bottlenecks
- Oversee the security & compliance program in partnership with our security team
- Ensure security best practises are followed at all levels of our stack
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of infrastructure/operations/DevOps/SRE experience
- 1+ years management experience (lead, manager, director)
- Excellent written/spoken communication
- Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes in production
- Familiarity with the AWS platform
- Experience with Terraform, Ruby, and/or Go is a plus
- San Francisco, CA or Remote in US timezones