|Date Posted||July 4, 2019|
Manage Enterprise wide Oracle and Cassandra Database environments. Be part of Cassandra data modeling patterns and anti-patterns; experience working closely with development teams to design & optimize database schema based on application access patterns.
- Supporting multiple Order rewire suite of applications for B2C & B2B customers.
- Managing SDLC life cycle, Agile Methodologies for multiple applications.
- Production / Development engagement, Emerging technology development
- Capacity / Performance planning / Availability Management/ Security Management.
- Oracle RAC/ASM. Amazon AWS, Data-replication tools – Shareplex & Golden-Gate
- Change Management, Cloud Migration.
- Extensive experience managing highly available, large, multi-datacenter Cassandra clusters in production, in a platform/infrastructure/DBA role, preferably in a Cloud environment.
- Experience scaling Cassandra clusters to support high read/write throughput and tuning Cassandra & the JVM for low-latency response times.
- Experience scripting administrative tasks using python or shell scripts. (If you’ve written larger scripts or apps with python, even better.)
- Experience with configuration management and source control systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, SVN).
- Solid grasp of Unix/Linux operating system management & fundamentals.
- Extensive experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure with particular reference to provisioning, security, and management. Design AWS infrastructure to move local applications to public & private cloud. Design complex solutions which integrate AWS cloud, on premise physical and Virtual server, EC2, S3 storage, networking and security. Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions
- Develop standardized AMI images and Cloud formation automation scripts for building non-prod and prod environments on AWS
- Design, deploy and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra (Datastax OR Apache) database solutions for high transactions mission critical applications.
- Develop data models and perform planning of architecture, functions, modules, recovery, standards and implementation
- Installations, configurations and monitoring DataStax Enterprise cluster and/or open source cassandra cluster
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance of database components
- Work with internal and external customers to develop new value-added programs and data solutions with existing data warehouse structure
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Research and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for business issues
- Create ad-hoc reports utilizing various data sources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality